Monday 3 September 2007

Back to the Blog

Hello all. I have been absolutely feeble at keeping this blog regularly refreshed - a combination of moving house, holiday, ridiculously busy work and buying (an already much prized) Vespa. As I currently seem unable to upload a picture of the beauty I will have to attempt to briefly describe it with words. I would describe it as being of a Silvery Bullet Blue colour... but I have to admit that those friends of mine who sneeringly describe it of being more of a baby blue hue aren't all that far from the truth either. Anyway, I hear Jamie Oliver used to have a baby Blue scooter so I am in good company. It runs like a dream , starts every time and only has one tiny nick on the front bumper.. and it was a bargain. Brilliant.

On to matters more interesting than the above ramble. Work has certainly been busy, the migration of Planners to the Digital-side, the creation of 'Integrated' functions/Digital Arms/BTL Arms etc at the traditional agencies and the growth of Planning in areas previously little-touched by it has certainly meant for a hectic and fascinating time. Having tended to concentrate on mid-level Planners to Planning Director level roles and above, a level I hadn't previously spent a large amount of time on was the Graduate level/Entry-level Recruitment into the sector. Bumping into a few strong junior candidates with real drive and passion for getting into this sector made me decide to take a closer look into the possibilities for straight grads to make this move across.

As my thoughts/impressions garnered so far are relatively numerous and I am currently running out of time so I am going to leave this post here and come back very soon. In the meantime however, do visit the blog Adgrads here a new, and potentially fantastic resource for all wannabe admen!

1 comment:

The AdLads said...

Much love for the shout out Oliver. Hope your post holiday recovery's going well!