Friday 14 September 2007




I'm sure most people may have seen this as I only just came across it in Campaign today. But I absolutely love the O2 Stare Out website, visit it here. As a rugby man myself, I have to suscribe to Mark Wnek's comment that 'O2 understands, profoundly understands, what rugby is, and what it means to people'. Having been on many buses/pitches/bars with countless rugby players over the years, I am certain that this ticks all the right boxes for the individuals this website seeks to engage. It's great when a brand provides you the opportunity to engage with something/someone that is of genuine interest. That said however, I do think it's even better to simply do it yourself - last year I managed to get hold of Josh Lewsey's home address (via a friend of a friend) and sent him a pre-written christmas card, along with stamped addressed envelope which he, as requested, kindly signed and returned... I might have cheated a bit but I still got a personal christmas card from Josh Lewsey.. beat that O2!

No comments: